Solution Architect, Data&Analytics
Anonym virksomhed / Fuldtid
Would you like to bring your IT knowledge and experience to life? Do you agree that the advancements in IT such as within cloud and advanced analytics are material? In fact, unprecedented. Could you thereby help discover next generation medicines for the benefit of millions?
R&D IT Department
The position is anchored in the Project Execution department within R&D IT and is part of Global IT. The department’s focus is on R&D – mainly Research. You will be working closely with the different areas within research as well as the global functions within Global IT. You will be part of a dynamic team consisting of numerous committed IT Project Managers and IT Architects, responsible for all major IT projects in the area. As a Solution Architect, you will have a natural link to their global Data Management and Analytics function and will be in close collaboration with equal minded architects from other business units.
Solution Architect for Data & Analytics
As Solution Architect your main area of focus will be Research. Significant for the role, will be your involvement in the delivery of new and advanced analytics solutions to their scientists in the research department. Furthermore, the shaping of long-term strategic direction of the field, as well as ensuring a coherent technical architectural roadmap, will be of utmost importance.
You will be driving the architectural discussions and solution design when they leverage their Enterprise Data Lake and advanced analytics services on AWS.
You will be responsible for cloud native solution design and define solution architectures and feed requirements into the backlogs of the Enterprise Data Lake (NNEDL) as well as the Enterprise Analytics Platform (NNEAP) in direct collaboration with the business use owners.
This position requires you to possess a high level of independence, innovation, and initiative. You will be tested on your expertise knowledge within public and private cloud, as well as your capability of delivering strong business results under pressure.
Key areas as a Solution Architect
- Act as trusted advisor for management level in R&D IT, while continuously improving and developing initiatives to support data research.
- Drive architectural discussions and oversee solution design on data & analytics platforms based on AWS data Hub & tools like databricks or domino data lab.
- Define architecture solutions in direct collaboration with the business owners.
- Apply data management and architecture expertise in solution architecture development and advanced analytics solution design.
- Define data model and architecture guidelines/principles while securing solution architecture approval.
- Engage with users to understand the business needs, pain points and opportunities.
Qualifications for a Solution Architect
- You are a good communicator across functions, levels, and cultures. You can listen as well as understand the IT and business complexities and be able to translate these into opportunities.
- You are proactive, curious and you want to take the lead in ensuring the best IT solutions.
- You are very skilled in AWS and understand the analytical service offerings in AWS.
- Preferably, you have 5+ years of experience with the pharmaceutical industry in a similar role.
- Solid knowledge of scalable data solutions, scientific data platforms
- You understand the importance of user experience and performance.
It is required of you to have:
- An educational level at MSc level in Computer Science, Economics, software engineering, Bioinformatics, Math or Physics or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of professional experience (at least 5 years of experience in lead roles architecting large scale solutions for cloud data platforms).
- Experience with building integrated data.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and orally.
It is an advantage if you possess one or more of the following skills:
- Practical experience with AWS CDK Framework.
- Certified AWS solution Architect.
- Experience with CI/CD software principles.
- Experience with Domino Data Lab, python, or other data programming languages.
As a person you are:
- Highly structured and organized.
- Self-driven, proactive, and responsible.
- A team player, happy to share experience, workload, and information with your colleagues.
- Flexible and able to function under time pressure.
This is the leading pharmaceutical company within diabetes, located in the Copenhagen area. At this company we use our skills, dedication, and ambition to help people with diabetes and change their lives. By working with us you will have the opportunity to do the same in a global business environment. Fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing, and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
In this recruitment process, the company is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Rikke Barlund Hansen on at firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
We recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.