Client type: IT
City: København S
State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Postal Code: 2300
Slået op: 25.10.2021
Head of Engineering
Full time / Capax Recruitment / Danmark
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world class entertainment experiences to millions of viewers. Whether it be intimate broadcast studio shows, arena events, digital platforms, or top-class multi-platform content, we create the most exciting, exhilarating, and euphoric moments in esports. This includes BLAST Premier; a worldwide Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament where the best teams and brightest stars fight it out for a $2.5m total prize pool. This is a unique opportunity to join a new esports organization that has already achieved success – to be part of and ensure its growth.
The working environment is characterized by a healthy mix of experience and technology lead development opportunities across the entertainment field in esports, as well as the occasional moon shots. All existing within a young and vibrant environment within a company still early on its journey with plenty of room to help create impact and excel personally and professionally. Furthermore, you will become a part of a deeply diverse team in skills and backgrounds, coming from traditional sports, entertainment and esports.
You will be joining a new division within BLAST focused on becoming a best-in-class innovative technology team that can solve a range of complex technology problems. Our technology work falls into two main areas: broadcast technology and consumer-facing software development. Whatever we do, our ambition is to elevate fans’ experience: whether that be the broadcast they are watching or the platforms they are watching on.
The position and responsibilities
We are looking for a Head of Engineering, with a background in consumer-facing products.
You will be in charge of an internal team of 4-5 developers on architecture and technology. Furthermore, you will also be in contact with an external team on a daily basis, which is why it is imperative that you are a good communicator.
You will play a key role in defining the best practices and ensuring that these are implemented. You will also have the liberty to decide how the team should function and work on a daily basis.
BLAST already has a base platform that needs to be developed and maintained, but when it comes to, new development perspectives, new features, and technologies, models, and prototypes, that is all yours to build and we will be looking forward to hearing your ideas and perspectives.
As a Head of Engineering, you will:
- Hire and coach an internal team of developers on architecture and technology
- Work with our external development team
- Overall architecture across our consumer-facing solutions
- Define best practices and ensure these are implemented and followed
- Research new and emerging technologies
- Work hands-on building proof of concepts, optimizations, and new features
- Speak your mind, expect to be heard, and strive to make a difference
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have
- Works as part of our technology leadership team and leave your mark on our culture, environment, and strategy
- Work closely with cloud providers to ensure we have the most efficient and modern solution
- Be accountable for driving engineering- and technology-specific KPIs
It is imperative that you have:
- Experience mentoring developers, defining best practices, and ensuring these are followed
- Proven experience building highly available, fault-tolerant, large-scale, and consumer-facing systems.
- Strong (written and verbal) communication skills.
- Passion for design patterns, well-structured code, and best practices
- Strong analytic mindset