State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Slået op: 17.02.2022
Sr. Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Full time / Capax Recruitment / Danmark
Denmark / Måløv
Are you excited about providing their Research and Early Development (R&ED) units with the IT platforms they need to conduct highly advanced scientific computing and analytics?
Do you enjoy architecting, maintaining and enabling the newest IT technologies both in the cloud, on-premise and hybrid in an agile environment?
If yes, you might be the person they are looking for!
About the department
R&DIT Global Research Solutions supports the strategic digital transformation of their Research & Early Development (R&ED) units at Novo Nordisk A/S which is needed to realise their strategy. They are responsible for developing, implementing, operating, maintaining and supporting the data-, middleware – and IT infrastructure used by the R&ED units across Novo Nordisk A/S on premise and in the cloud.
The department takes pride in being experts in IT infrastructure and platforms, and at the same time having experience and understanding of how the researchers use the platforms, data and compute power they make available.
You have the lead responsibility for stable and secure infrastructure and platforms. You take leadership in setting direction, designing and implementing their future cloud and on-premise platforms based on sound and modern technologies.
You will lead the technical and work in the DevOps team responsible for the scientific computing platforms and infrastructure participating in smaller and larger agile delivery teams. This requires strong collaboration with enterprise architects, product owners, project managers, delivery teams, business owners to meet their needs, while adhering to NN standards and compliance procedures.
As they aspire to DevOps principles and practices you will be responsible for operations, maintenance and support handling both issues, problems and change request. You will drive continuous process optimisation and automation within this area.
Their scientific users are situated globally, and you will be working in an international environment with colleges around the globe.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Take leading role for the design, implementation, operation, maintenance and support of IT infrastructure and overlaying IT platforms.
- Securing of a structured and strong collaboration with scientists’ whose work and processes are supported by their platforms.
- Ensuring continued stability, availability and performance of the platforms.
- Comply with, propose, document, and manage technical standards in collaboration with their central enterprise architecture, infrastructure and cloud engineering units for the use, deployment, support, and governance of cloud technologies.
- Stay abreast of cloud technologies, capabilities, and industry use of cloud.
- Design, optimize, and document the operational aspects of the Cloud and on-prem platform.
As a minimum you have a bachelor’s degree with a large focus on IT systems engineering and/or Scientific Computing or similar, and you have a high passion for working with IT infrastructure and platforms. You have a minimum of 10 years’ experience with such responsibilities.
You have a good understanding and preferably experience with cloud concepts like SaaS, PaaS and IaaS and of database technologies, datacentre setup and design. They are well on the way in adopting DevOps principles and agile methods which involves automation, application of various operations tools, infrastructure/configuration as code, CI/CD amongst others.
This is a job for a person that is exited to work with new technologies and able to quickly learn new concepts. You are team oriented and have a strong personal drive to achieve goals. Furthermore, you are service-minded and thrive in a busy environment. Finally, you have professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
It is required of you to have:
- You are proficient within IT infrastructure and system engineering and experienced with most of these: Linux, MS servers, AWS (wide spectrum), cloud High Performance Computing clusters, hybrid cloud concepts, storage technologies, virtualisation, containerisation, AD, and configuration/infrastructure as code.
- You are experienced in system design, system integration, data integration, configuration management, capacity management, monitoring and alert design.
It is an advantage if you possess one or more of the following skills:
- Experience in PBSpro, slurm, Apache Spark, Kubernetes, docker, Oracle, SQL, Ceph, HPE Isilon, Proxmox, VMWare, Puppet, Grafana, AWS CDK, CloudFormation.
- You preferably have a history of working with IT within the research domain from your current career or alternatively from the university.
As a person you are:
- Highly structured and organized.
- Self-driven, proactive, and responsible.
- A team player, happy to share experience, workload, and information with your colleagues.
- Flexible and able to manage changing priorities and time pressure.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is the leading pharmaceutical company within diabetes, located in the Copenhagen area. At Novo Nordisk they use their skills, dedication, and ambition to help people with diabetes and change their lives. By working with Novo Nordisk you will have the opportunity to do the same in a global business environment. Fixating on perfection. They never shy away from opportunities to develop, they seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing, and sales – they’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
In this recruitment process, Novo Nordisk is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Rikke Barlund Hansen on at RHYY@novonordisk.com
To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV.