Slået op: 21.07.2023
Senior Software Engineer til Cloud Solutions
Anonym virksomhed / Fuldtid
Come join our exciting journey of digital transformation to accelerate drug discovery!
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who can build scalable research solutions in the Cloud to join DD&IT – the digital, data, and IT partner to all parts of the company. DD&IT supports digital transformation and innovation in all parts of the value chain – from idea to patient. We also welcome you to join this journey where IT makes a real difference for millions of patients worldwide. You will join 2100+ colleagues worldwide, driving tasks with a twist of either digital, data and IT. The position is open in both Måløv and Oxford.
Senior Software Engineer
You will help build cloud solutions to facilitate digital science and innovation for the Research & Early Development (R&ED) area.
Some of the core responsibilities would be to:
- Design and engineer scalable, secure, and resilient cloud solutions for computational research.
- Build experience and knowledge of new technologies that can enhance our computational research solutions.
- Optimize solutions for efficient resource utilization, parallel processing, and high throughput, including security protocols, access controls, and data protection measures.
- Build capability for automated deployment of cloud solutions (CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code)
- Work closely with DD&IT engineering teams and professionals to develop standards and partake in core technology initiatives to ensure Research & Development requirements are captured and developed.
- Assist in establishing proof-of-concept (POC) research solutions with new technologies.
Experience and skills as a Senior Software Engineer
You find it important to ensure stable platforms and applications for our researchers, and at the same time you are excited to work with new technologies and can quickly learn new concepts. You are curious and enjoy engaging with various stakeholders across DD&IT and Research organization.
In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have previous experience with the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working with engineering solutions for the cloud
- A degree at minimum BA level in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant field.
- Strong expertise in designing and implementing cloud solutions, with a deep understanding of major cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Proficiency in building and deploying cloud solutions using automation tools and methodologies (CI/CD)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK to provision and manage cloud resources.
- Demonstrated ability to architect, develop, and optimize cloud-native applications, leveraging cloud services and serverless computing technologies.
- Solid understanding of API integrations and experience working with RESTful APIs and frameworks for seamless integration with other systems.
- Familiarity with identity and access management systems, particularly experience working with Okta or similar authentication and authorization providers.
- Strong programming skills in languages commonly used in cloud environments, such as Python, Java, or Node.js.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes for scalable and portable deployments.
- Experience implementing security best practices and ensuring compliance within cloud solutions, including encryption, access controls, and data protection.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities, with a proactive approach to identifying and resolving technical challenges in cloud solutions.
Furthermore, you are team-oriented and have a strong personal drive to achieve goals. We expect you to be service-minded and thrive in a busy environment.
DDIT-RED HPC and Cloud Engineering department
You will become part of our DDIT-RED HPC and Cloud Engineering department located in Måløv, Denmark. The department currently consists of 15 engineers and is building up additional capabilities and capacity. The department is part of Research & Early Development IT, which consists of more than 105 skilled colleagues located in Måløv, Bangalore, Boston, Seattle, Beijing, and Oxford. We are responsible for major IT systems and projects in Novo Nordisk, as well as the scientific IT infrastructure in Research & Early Development.
The company is a global healthcare company headquartered in Denmark. For almost 100 years, we have been driving change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic diseases. As a result, our treatments today benefit millions of people living with diabetes, obesity, and rare blood and endocrine diseases. We are proud of that. We are proud of our people too, and we employ more than 50,000 bright and diverse minds in 80 offices worldwide. With us, your bright mind and commitment help us change the lives of people worldwide. In exchange, we offer you a seat in a rewarding and purpose-driven culture where your professional and personal development is highly valued. That said, opportunities are many in Novo Nordisk.
This recruitment process, is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Xenia Reimers Rosiak at email@example.com
To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV. We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
The recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.