Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Anonym virksomhed / Fuldtid
Come join our exciting journey of digital transformation to accelerate drug discovery!
We are seeking an experienced engineer who can build infrastructure for HPC & AI in the Cloud to join DD&IT – the digital, data, and IT partner to all parts of the company. DD&IT supports digital transformation and innovation in all parts of the value chain – from idea to patient. We also welcome you to join this journey where IT makes a real difference for millions of patients worldwide. You will join 2100+ colleagues worldwide, driving tasks with a twist of either digital, data and IT. The position is open in both Måløv and Oxford.
Senior Infrastucture Engineer
You will help build scalable data and analytical products for High Performance Computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI) to facilitate digital science and innovation for the Research & Early Development (R&ED) area in the company.
Some of the core responsibilities would be to:
- Design and engineer scalable, secure, and resilient cloud infrastructure platforms for HPC & AI workloads.
- Build experience and knowledge of new technologies that can enhance our computational research platforms.
- Optimize infrastructure for efficient resource utilization, parallel processing, and high throughput, including security protocols, access controls, and data protection measures.
- Build capability for automated deployment of infrastructure solutions (CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code)
- Work closely with DD&IT engineering teams and professionals to develop standards and partake in core technology initiatives to ensure Research &
- Development requirements are captured and developed.
- Assist in establishing proof-of-concept (POC) research environments with new technologies.
Experience and skills as a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
You find it important to ensure stable platforms and applications for our researchers, and at the same time you are excited to work with new technologies and can quickly learn new concepts. You are curious and enjoy engaging with various stakeholders across DD&IT and Research organization.
In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have previous experience with the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working with high performance computing (HPC) and cloud infrastructure.
- A degree at minimum BA level in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant field.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of high-performance computing architectures, parallel file systems, and job schedulers
- Proficiency in AWS (Amazon Web Services) and its associated services for HPC workloads
- Familiarity with networking concepts, storage systems, and security best practices in a cloud environment.
- Solid understanding of containerization technologies and orchestration frameworks in the cloud
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools for automating infrastructure deployments.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems, scripting, and automation tools for infrastructure management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex infrastructure issues.
- Ability to monitor and optimize system performance, capacity, and costs to ensure resource utilization and budget efficiency.
- Ability to design, develop, and deploy scalable and reliable infrastructure solutions for HPC and AI workloads.
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting in an HPC and cloud infrastructure environment.
Furthermore, you are team-oriented and have a strong personal drive to achieve goals. We expect you to be service-minded and thrive in a busy environment.
About the department
You will become part of our DDIT-RED HPC and Cloud Engineering department located in Måløv, Denmark. The department currently consists of 15 engineers and is building up additional capabilities and capacity. The department is part of Research & Early Development IT, which consists of more than 105 skilled colleagues located in Måløv, Bangalore, Boston, Seattle, Beijing, and Oxford. We are responsible for major IT systems and projects, as well as the scientific IT infrastructure in Research & Early Development.
Joining a Healthcare Company
The company is a global healthcare company headquartered in Denmark. For almost 100 years, we have been driving change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic diseases. As a result, our treatments today benefit millions of people living with diabetes, obesity, and rare blood and endocrine diseases. We are proud of that. We are proud of our people too, and we employ more than 50,000 bright and diverse minds in 80 offices worldwide. With us, your bright mind and commitment help us change the lives of people worldwide. In exchange, we offer you a seat in a rewarding and purpose-driven culture where your professional and personal development is highly valued. That said, opportunities are many.
Deadline and details
This recruitment process, is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Xenia Reimers Rosiak at email@example.com
To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV. We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
The company we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.