Senior Geotechnical Engineer within offshore wind
NIRAS / Fuldtid
Senior Geotechnical Engineer within offshore wind at NIRAS
Being Senior Geotechnical Engineer within Offshore Wind you will get to lead and participate in complex projects internationally contributing to the green energy transition. Becoming a part of these activities within offshore wind, you will take part in realizing renewable energy at a larger scale in close collaboration with international teams.
Based on your broad, yet specialized practical experience within geotechnical engineering from the offshore wind or oil and gas industry, you will enable your knowledge and competencies as part of delivering world class projects to clients.
Among others, you will work with site selection, feasibility studies, concept designs, geotechnical input to site conditions. Likewise, you will plan and interpret offshore geotechnical site surveys, design offshore support structures, including numerical modeling and seismic design.
Typically, our engineers and advisors are heavily involved in pre-feed, feed and concept design stages for offshore wind while some of the work will stretch into detailed design stages.
We are currently active on offshore wind projects in the North Sea; Irish Sea, Celtic Sea, Baltic Sea, Norwegian Sea, South China Sea, Bass Strait, and several more areas where offshore wind developments are ongoing and emerging.
Working as a Geotechnical Engineer
With your flavour for structured and solution-oriented project management, you will further be responsible for documenting project results and attending as well as conducting project meetings with clients. You will coordinate project developments in the bid and execution phases and align project-specific objectives such as time schedules, end-deliverables for individual surveys, and data acquisition campaigns.
You are able to identify areas of development technically as well as process-related in terms of optimizing geological and geophysical assessment workflows for instance. Your feedback and ideas on how to implement innovative new technology and ways of working are thus valuable and key to the team’s joint success.
Besides working with geotechnical engineers, geophysicists and so on from your team, you will closely cooperate with further internal stakeholders as well. Moreover, you will cooperate with clients and external actors from around the world including Europe, UK and APAC.
Therefore, to possess the position you have to be comfortable interfacing different stakeholders and likewise be able to adapt your communication depending on the stakeholder and scenario. You feel energized from proactively sharing your experiences and learning from others. Additionally, you enjoy working on your own as much as being a good team member and colleague.
As Senior Geotechnical Engineer your responsibilities will be:
- To lead and participate in complex offshore wind projects internationally including site selection, feasibility studies, concept design, site surveys, geotechnical design of offshore support structures, numerical modeling, seismic design etc.
- To perform project management in terms of coordinating project development in the bid and execution phases and align project-specific objectives such as time schedule and deliveries.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for documenting project results and for attending and conducting project meetings with clients or internally.
- To contribute to technical developments and optimization of assessment workflows, use of technologies and tools etc.
- To closely cooperate with external stakeholders in terms of for instance clients or business partners across Europe, UK and APAX and likewise with internal stakeholders across NIRAS’ sectors and locations.
- Depending on your interests and flexibility, travel activity might be part of the position in terms of visiting clients and locations across Europe, UK and APAX two times a year for instance.
For this position, we see that you possess following technical and personal qualifications:
- 5+ years of practical experience working within the geotechnical engineering field on offshore wind projects.
- You have experience with taking lead and participating on projects, preferably large scale projects within the offshore wind industry. Experience with larger sized projects is preferred, we are however planning, executing and delivering projects in all sizes.
- You have experience with typical geotechnical activities in terms of performing feasibility studies, concept design, site selection, site surveys, data acquisition campaigns, numerical modeling, seismic design etc.
- You are a structured, systematic and result-oriented project leader experienced within coordination of project developments, documentation of project results, alignment of project-specific objectives such as time schedules, resources, and deliveries.
- You are familiar with closely cooperating with external parties such as customers and business partners and hence with attending and conducting project meetings for instance. Likewise you thrive in interdisciplinary collaboration internally with other sectors.