Client type: IT
City: København S
State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Postal Code: 2300
Slået op: 25.10.2021
Full time / Capax Recruitment / Danmark
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world class entertainment experiences to millions of viewers. Whether it be intimate broadcast studio shows, arena events, digital platforms, or top-class multi-platform content, we create the most exciting, exhilarating, and euphoric moments in esports. This includes BLAST Premier; a worldwide Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament where the best teams and brightest stars fight it out for a $2.5m total prize pool. This is a unique opportunity to join a new esports organization that has already achieved success – to be part of and ensure its growth.
The working environment in BLAST is characterized by a healthy mix of experience and technology led development opportunities across the entertainment field in esports, as well as the occasional moon shots. All existing within a young and vibrant environment within a company still early on its journey with plenty of room to help create impact and excel personally and professionally. Furthermore, you will become a part of a deeply diverse team in skills and backgrounds, coming from traditional sports, entertainment and esports.
You will be joining a new division within BLAST focused on becoming a best-in-class innovative technology team that can solve a range of complex technology problems. Our technology work falls into two main areas: broadcast technology and consumer-facing software development. Whatever we do, our ambition is to elevate fans’ experience: whether that be the broadcast they are watching or the platforms they are watching on.
The position and responsibilities
As the Product Director within our BLAST Tech organization you will help lead the product development across multiple verticals within the business and help build rationale for decision making based on data/user insight as well as direction for both the internal team and the organization as a whole.
You will lead a growing team of Product Owners, UI/UX Designers and work closely with the Engineering/Dev team, led by the Head of Engineering.
There will also be a great need for giving direction to the Tech Team and help foster a strong team spirit across the various departments, all ensuring that we work towards a common goal that everyone understands.
You will also help manage a large pool of stakeholders both from within the Tech Team as well as from the rest of the organization.
As a director you will:
- Foster a culture of inter-departmental collaboration
- Define best practices and ensure these are implemented and followed
- Stay on top of the market: what are our competitors doing?
- Development of a long-term product roadmap and strategy for product development
- Create business plans for new products
- Be working with direct-to-consumer propositions
- Have an overview of the different projects and budget
- Finding the right balance between user needs, technology, and business goals
It is imperative that you:
- Have experience working with consumer-facing platform
- Have experience working with user data and basing decision on user needs
- Understand potential challenges, risks, and hurdles, when launching a new product
- Be well versed in working within agile tools such as Jira or others
- Be able to work in light touches within Figma (Not a must)
- Have strong communication skills (Written and verbal)