Client type: IT
City: København S
State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Postal Code: 2300
Slået op: 25.10.2021
Full time / Capax Recruitment / Danmark
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world class entertainment experiences to millions of viewers. Whether it be intimate broadcast studio shows, arena events, digital platforms or top-class multi-platform content, we create the most exciting, exhilarating and euphoric moments in esports. This includes BLAST Premier; a worldwide Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament where the best teams and brightest stars fight it out for a $2.5m total prize pool. This is a unique opportunity to join a new esports organization that has already achieved success – to be part of and ensure its growth.
The working environment in BLAST is characterized by a healthy mix of experience and technology led development opportunities across the entertainment field in esports, as well as the occasional moon shots. All existing within a young and vibrant environment within a company still early on its journey with plenty of room to help create impact and excel personally and professionally. Furthermore, you will become a part of a deeply diverse team in skills and backgrounds, coming from traditional sports, entertainment and esports.
You will be joining a new division within BLAST focused on becoming a best-in-class innovative technology team that can solve a range of complex technology problems. Our technology work falls into two main areas: broadcast technology and consumer-facing software development. Whatever we do, our ambition is to elevate fans’ experience: whether that be the broadcast they are watching or the platforms they are watching on.
The position and responsibilities
You will sit within a strong development core team, lead by the Head of Engineering and work on a wide array of tasks such as direct to consumer technology, emerging tech and innovation development projects.
The primary tasks will be focused on back-end development with a key focus on cloud technologies, scalability, reliability, maintainable code.
You will be handling new functionality to break down and implement as proof of concept / final version (Depending on scale) in services that integrate with the larger ecosystem.
We are a young team of developers, with a flat hierarchy which makes the process from development and testing to production move very fast. Therefore you will be able to se the results of your work quickly.
As a Developer you will:
- Participate in developing and maintaining face of current projects, which is both backends done in NodeJS, Kotlin, C# and frontend done in Angular.
- Participate in development of new project
- Discover and introduce new technologies to BLAST
- Communicate and exchange knowledge with other BLAST divisions
It is imperative that you have:
- Experience with backend development (Kotlin, C#, NodeJS or similar)
- Familiarity with frontend development (Angular or similar)
- Hands-on experience with database technologies (relational and/or NoSQL)
- Experience using Git, Jira, and similar development tools
- Has the ability to learn new programming languages quickly and is eager to learn