Client type: Engineering
State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Postal Code: 2750
Slået op: 15.01.2021
Full time / Capax Recruitment / Danmark
The GN Group is a global leader in intelligent audio solutions that let you hear more, do more and be more than you ever thought possible. Their ambitious 150-year journey has taken them from telegraph cables to radio waves and intelligent audio engineering. To celebrate this anniversary, GN look to their unique competences within medical, professional and consumer audio solutions to help them continue to transform lives through the power of sound. GN was founded with a truly innovative and global mindset. Today, they honor that legacy with world-leading expertise in the human ear, sound, wireless technology, miniaturization and collaborations with leading technology partners. GN’s solutions are marketed by the brands ReSound, Beltone, Interton, Jabra and BlueParrott in 100 countries. Founded in 1869, the GN Group employs more than 6,000 people.
At GN’s headquarters in Ballerup, you will join the R&D Audio Engineering team in GN Audio (Jabra), who are responsible for the development of Jabra communication and music products. The department is growing rapidly and is therefore on the lookout for an engineer, who will be a contributing force in the development of the department. You will become a part of an international department with 60 audio engineers with expertise in the area of acoustic design, DSP, test and validation who are all working on the development of new technologies for the application in new and innovative Jabra-products for the consumer market. They are making music and communication devices which include headsets and speakerphones. They operate both within the consumer segment and the professional segment where their technology focus on delivering very good communication performance as well as music performance. This is why the focus and the technology in focus can differ from product to product. The standard of the solutions and products developed is always sat high and overall the Jabra-products therefore also has had good reviews. You will become part of a department, where the products quickly go to market and you therefore can see the results of your work as soon as the expected project time is approximately 9-18 months from development to market. Due to their high growth rates throughout the last year, they are looking to scale up even more.
As an Audio Engineer you and the team will be responsible for the development of new technologies, concepts, platforms and audio solutions for future products. Furthermore, you will contribute to ensuring that such projects are executed, tested, verified and documented according to the standards of GN. As GN Audio is in constant development due to the requirement for the end-user experience, you will get to work hands-on, on the solutions. Your position will depend on your experience level.A large portion of your time will be spent on hands-on programming. Furthermore, your responsibilities include the following:
- Close collaboration with colleagues across multiple R&D disciplines to deep dive into technologies, acoustics, establish digital signal processing methods and documentation.
- Assisting in the creation of a vision and strategy for audio technology, e.g. by partaking in process and procedure optimization on an ongoing basis
- Partly depending on your role, you will contributing to developing audio solutions in close collaboration with other stakeholders like embedded software mechanics, hardware and UX engineers to meet market demands but also be able to push new solutions into the market. Partake in reviews to share knowledge and experience with internal stakeholders
- Assist in negotiating with consultants and suppliers regarding new technology
You will be working closely with your colleagues within R&D Audio Engineering.
The department is being measured on what they deliver to the projects but individually KPI’s would be discussed according the candidates experience and responsibilities.
You hold a relevant master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, e.g. within electronics, physics, computer science or acoustics. A bachelor’s degree with several years of experience is also relevant.
- +2 years of experience with proven track record in the area Audio Engineering such as acoustic, DSP, audio signal processing
- Experience with practical laboratory work such as measurements
- Profound knowledge of MATLAB and C programming
- Experience with Assembler programming is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience with digital signal processing
- Experience with electro acoustics Later in the process there is to a certain degree room for learning